Hope your week is going well and your spring break is off to a good start. We apologize for the lengthy email but it includes all the important details for the season.
You should have all received an email from Melissa Hill on March 15th. As she mentioned in her email, due to limited track availability, we have combined the Cardinal and Trojan RC. The head coaches will be me, Walter Stern and James Cador. Walter and James will be there on both Sundays and Tuesdays and I will only be there on Tuesday's. We each have the same mission which is to is to introduce track and field training in a safe, positive and supportive environment to 3rd - 5th graders.
Practice will be held on Sundays 1-2:30pm and Tuesday 6-7pm (4 Tuesdays impacted by Foot Traffic meets) April 4-May 23at the Lincoln High School Track. We will meet on the bleachers and please arrive a few minutes early to allow time to check in and get settled. For the first practice, we will begin with introducing ourselves and going over expectations for the season so feel free to stick around for a bit.
There are two OPTIONAL practices during spring break at Lincoln High School. Sunday, March 26 and Sunday, April 2 from 1-2:30pm. We then begin regular practice on April 4th.
You can view the team calendar here.
We will need parent volunteers each practice so if you are available to help, please let us know.
Here are a few helpful pieces of information:
- Please make sure to check your child out before leaving practice. For safety purposes, you must be present for them to check out and if someone other than a parent will be picking your child up, please let me know in advance.
- Please make sure your child is dressed in weather appropriate clothing and wear proper running shoes. Layering works great!
- Have your child consume a light snack 1.5 to 1 hours before each practice and meet. Please avoid dairy, sugar and high fat foods.
- Hydration is extremely important so please be sure your child drinks plenty of water prior to practice.
- Please have your child bring water to each practice.
- If your child is going to miss practice or a meet, please let us know.
- Each athlete receives a free performance tee with registration but if you would like to purchase a team singlet, you can do so on our team page.
- We will send out information regarding the meets as we get closer to the first one.
We hope we have covered everything but if you have any questions, please let us know.
We look forward to meeting everyone soon!
Coach Jill, Walter and James
PS. Please check within your family and make sure that all relevant parties received this email. Let us know if we should add any additional email addresses to this mailing list for practice or meet updates, announcements, etc.